AGP placed 40,000 cubic yards of 18” and 14” RCC for a new container facility at Bayport. AGP utilized a high volume Modumix II ARAN plant with speeds of up to 900 tons per hour and multiple high-density ABG pavers for placement. Pavement lanes were generally 25 feet wide and an edging shoe at roughly 7.5% degrees of vertical was used to pave the longitudinal joints. Surface texture on the project is tight with a well graded aggregate blend. The project was recognized as the Gold Award winner in 2018 by the American Concrete Paving Association for quality RCC paving.
- PROJECT: Bayport Terminal Complex VI South
- OWNER: Port Houston, Roger Hoh
- DESIGNER: LAN Engineering, Ty Thomas
- GENERAL CONTRACTOR: CYMI Industrial
- COMPLETION DATE: Dec 2017